Firefighters were called out to a home in the Harborough district last night (Monday) after a tumble drier caught fire.
Two fire crews from the Billesdon station attended Hallaton Road in Tugby at about 9.30pm.
They used one hose reel, positive pressure ventilation and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the flames.
The cause, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log, was accidental.
Smoke caused 20 per cent damage to the room the tumble drier was in, said the report log.
Story by Alex Blackwell
Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.