Firefighters from Harborough were put on alert after an electrical fault caused a small fire in a dishwasher.
Two fire crews from the town’s station were primed to attend a home in Lubenahm Hill in the early hours of this morning, at 1.40am.
But in the end, the fire was out on arrival and no action was needed.
The Leicestershire Fire and Rescue daily report log said there was 25 per cent damage to the washer, five per cent damage caused to a worktop and that an electrical fault was to blame.
Story by Alex Blackwell
Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.