Firefighters were called out to a village in the district yesterday after sparks from welding caused a fire.
A fire crew from Billesdon station attended Stretton Lane in Houghton on the Hill at about 11.30am after a fence was alight.
They used a hose reel jet to put out the flames and the cause was sparks from welding, according to the daily report log of the county fire and rescue service.
The fence was left with 10 per cent damage, the report said.
Story by Alex Blackwell
Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.