A HOUSING developer who was granted planning permission to build a 120 home estate at the edge of Lutterworth has launched an appeal after its application to build more was rejected.
William Davis Ltd was given the green light for the estate off Bill Crane Way earlier this year.
However, the developer was given permission to build 120 homes and wanted permission for 149.
The firm has now launched an appeal against the decision, asking for its 149-home “alternative indicative site layout” to be considered as opposed to the 120-home layout.
Harborough District Council had approved the smaller scheme in place of the larger one because of concerns that it would have too much of an impact on the green space between Lutterworth and Bitteswell.
Both Lutterworth Town Council and Bitteswell Parish Council had objected to the scheme saying they had similar concerns.
William Davis says that the additional homes in the scheme will further help the district council meet its target to build 700 new homes in Lutterworth between now and 2028.
The district council says a Government planning inspector will now hold a two-day appeal hearing at the council offices in Adam and Eve Street, Harborough, from 10am on Wednesday, December 5.
The hearing is open to the public.