Firefighters were called out in the early hours of this morning (Monday) to a fire in a Harborough flat, caused by an electrical fault in a fan heater.
One person had to be taken to Kettering General Hospital by ambulance after suffering smoke inhalation, a fire control room operator told the Mail this morning.
Three fire crews from the town’s station were called out to Leicester Road, Harborough, at 3.49am this morning, said the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.
The crews used two breathing apparatus, a carbon dioxide extinguisher and a positive-pressure ventilator to deal with the fire and smoke.
The flat, which was on the second floor, was smoke-logged, said the control room operator.
Fire crews were alerted after a smoke alarm was activated. The alarm was connected to a monitoring station which alerts the fire service to any detectors going off.
Meanwhile, three fire crews from Billesdon station attended a property in Church Street, Billesdon, at 5.29pm on Sunday following a report of a chimney fire.
Firefighters used a hearth kit and chimney rods to put out the flames, according to the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service daily report log.
And Harborough fire crews were also called out to Swingbridge Street in Foxton on Sunday at about 3.30pm after another chimney fire.
The crew used a chimney kit and a fire extinguisher to stop the burning, said the report log.
Story by Alex Blackwell
Follow Alex on Twitter, @BlackwellHarb.