A heavy presence of firefighters were ready to spring into action at Bruntingthorpe Airfield yesterday (Sunday) after a fire started in an aircraft engine.
A total of seven appliances were ready to help, some from Lutterworth station, at 12.42pm, according to the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue daily report log.
The fire started in an aircraft engine but was actually out by the time fire crews arrived. The suspected cause was an overheated engine.
Meanwhile, firefighters were called out to a Harborough home yesterday (Sunday) to tackle a chimney fire.
A crew from the town’s station attended the scene, in Ireton Road, and firefighters used a thermal imaging camera, nine-metre ladder, roof crawler and a fire extinguisher to quell the flames.
It started at about 10pm.